Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xtlogit command generating outcome does not vary in any group r(2000); despite the fact that dependent var has values 0 & 1

Hello guys,

I'm new to Stata, and I wanted to do a panel logit regression on var selfemployed. The dataset I'm using is a labor panel data covering 18 waves with around 13k participants each year.

Exact command was: xtlogit selfemployed p010101 edulv p010107 selfempintention parentselfempatage14 lagunemployed2, fe collinear ,
    where p010101 is gender, edulv education level acheived, selfempintention whether an individual obtained any training with intention to become self employeed, parentselfempatage14 whether an individual's parents were self-employed at his/her age of 14, lagunemployed2 whether an individual was unemployed 2 years ago.

When I tried running this regression it returned r(2000); despite the fact that dependent var was binary with values 0 & 1. However, if an individual was unemployed or not in the labor force, it was left blank.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you so much in advance!

You don't show the -xtset- command, but, whatever your panel identifier variable is, try this
    Code:
    contract panel_id selfemployed, freq(discard)
    contract panel_id
    assert _freq == 1

Comment

Working...
    X