No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark mode

Hi everyone

I have a basic question about lay-out. I really like the dark mode option, but when choosing dark mode the side bars and other elements are still grey opposed to how it's shown on Stata's web site here. Do anyone have tips on how to make the remaining parts dark?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Darkmode.png
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1506166

Right click >Preferences > General tab > Dark
    Works for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1506193
    Regards
    --------------------------------------------------
    Attaullah Shah, PhD.
    Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
    FinTechProfessor.com
    https://asdocx.com
    Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
    For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Thanks for your response. Do you happen to use Mac? I'm on Windows and when changing to dark, scroll bars are still grey. Maybe I'm just missing something, but I also see that the example shown in the above link is on Mac.

Comment

I am using windows and yes, the scroll bars are still grey here too.
        Regards
        --------------------------------------------------
        Attaullah Shah, PhD.
        Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
        FinTechProfessor.com
        https://asdocx.com
        Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
        For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Ok, then it wasn't just me - I was looking for something completely dark like the various RStudio themes. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Agreed that having the scroll bars be dark would be a nice addition to the overall color scheme.

Comment

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? I am having the same problem on Stata/SE 16.1 on Windows 10

Comment

In case anyone is still dealing with the issue, the key on a Mac is that, to make all the windows dark, in addition to changing the style to Dark Mode within Stata's preferences (General, Results, Viewer), you need to also set the Mac OS to Dark Mode.

Reference

Comment

Working...
                X