Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found the Python documentation: https://www.stata.com/manuals/ppython.pdf.

This suggests it needs to be a local installation and part of your Windows registry.

Comment

Dave Airey
      As you have discovered the registry is only used to locate Python installations on the local machine. You should be able to use a Python installation on a remote machine, but you will have to set the path manually. The python installation must be available through a UNC path or a mapped network drive.

For example:
      Code:
      python set exec "\\<machine name>\<share name>\<path to 64 bit python.exe"
      such as:
      Code:
      python set exec "\\MyMachine\MyShare\Program Files\Python37\python.exe"

Comment

Is it possible to have the sidebar on the left-hand side in 16? I've played around with layout but can't figure out how to do this

Comment

Is there a way to browse frames as tab of browser window? i.e. with tab name frame1 frame2 and so on

Best regards
          Rasool Bux

Comment

I've just bought STATA 16 and seems great. It's the first time I enter a forum and almost the first time doing DSGE modelling. Does anyone can help me understand why at first it says saddle path not stable but then when I check the problem with the command estat stable then a message of saddle path stable come out?

Comment

Daniele, welcome to Statalist. I would recommend reading the list FAQ, especially pt 12, on asking Qs effectively. Showing your commands and output using Code tags will increase the likelihood of getting a response. I would also recommend starting a new thread with a clear title, since the people who are experts in this area may never see your question buried as post #38 in this thread.
              -------------------------------------------
              Richard Williams, Notre Dame Dept of Sociology
              Stata Version: 17.0 MP (2 processor)

EMAIL: [email protected]
              WWW: https://www3.nd.edu/~rwilliam

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Williams View Post
                Daniele, welcome to Statalist. I would recommend reading the list FAQ, especially pt 12, on asking Qs effectively. Showing your commands and output using Code tags will increase the likelihood of getting a response. I would also recommend starting a new thread with a clear title, since the people who are experts in this area may never see your question buried as post #38 in this thread.
                Thank you very much for the advise, I'll try to do that!

Comment

Jeff Pitblado (StataCorp)
                  I think it may have happened in Stata 15. I tried rerunning the script and it didn't have any issues, so I didn't report anything.

Comment

Great to see the Python integration and the multiple frames, though still holding out for a version that can update dpi settings correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphy View Post
                      Great to see the Python integration and the multiple frames, though still holding out for a version that can update dpi settings correctly.
                      Mike Murphy
                      By dpi settings are you referring to dots per inch or something else? If dots per inch, isn't that something that is handled by the printer driver?

Comment

I upgraded to Stata/MP 16 from Stata/MP 15 (running on macOS 10.14.6) and can no longer open the History window on the left-hand side of the Results window. I very much like to have the Variables and History windows open at the same time. How can I do that? Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Georg Matt View Post
                          I upgraded to Stata/MP 16 from Stata/MP 15 (running on macOS 10.14.6) and can no longer open the History window on the left-hand side of the Results window. I very much like to have the Variables and History windows open at the same time. How can I do that? Thank you for your help.
                          Select View > Layout > Widescreen menu item.
                          -Chinh Nguyen

Comment

Originally posted by Chinh Nguyen (StataCorp) View Post

Select View > Layout > Widescreen menu item.
                            Thank you very much!

Georg

Comment

Florian Zapkau and Marcos Almeida

The Stata 16 implementation of meta-analysis comes at a time when there are comprehensive user written programs such as admetan and related routines for meta-analysis - not sure why StataCorp chose to go down this path and introduce a weaker suite rather than collaborate with those authors??
                              Regards
                              Suhail Doi

Comment

Suhail Doi There are plenty of powerful user-written packages that are not integrated into factory main modules. For example some commands for building publication quality tables, commands for executing latent and mixed models, not to mention numerous commands for data management and graph written by Nick Cox. The Mplus recommended by Richard Williams may also be regarded as an example although it is another commercial statistical software. I guess StataCorp just don't want to destroy users' custom and increase their burden, 'cause old-users may be used to exercise user-written packages for certain task.
                                Last edited by Chen Samulsion; 05 Aug 2019, 19:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X