No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicate Fixed Effects in esttab

Hello Statalist users,

I have a question regarding the esttab command. More precisely, I run my regression in Stata, then I use esttab package to get the output table in LaTex. I want to add what kind of fixed effects I use in each model. Since I control for many pair fixed effects, I want to manually add in the bottom of the table ONE raw which says FE, and then in each model, it should indicate corresponding fixed effects. I found the command collabels, but it only adds the raw at the top of the table, and I want it in the bottom. To be more precise I attached the picture, how I want to make it. Each p,t corresponds the different models.

I use reghdfe command. I saw on the forum that reghdfe command has an automatic way of indicating fixed effects, but again, I want it to do it manually. I hope someone knows the solution. Since I am new here, let me know, if I am not precise.

Best Regards

Avtandil

Click image for larger version

Name:	fe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	1504246

Hi Avtandil,

if I understand you well, you want to add an extra row below the constant. In that case you can try this:
    Code:
    esttab, refcat(_cons "Fixed effects", below label(p,t))

Comment

Dear Wouter Wakker,

Thank you very much for your response. It definitely adds the extra row in the output. But with this command I have a question, I hope you can help me.

1. I do not include _cons in the regression table, Do you know how can I add the raw after N (the number of observation). N is automatically generated by esttab, I do not use the extra code for that.

2. Since I have several models in one table, my fixed effects also change accordingly, so Can I change (p,t)? Like in one case it is the only p, in the second only t and then both.

Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Hi,
        I always use outreg2 (to install: ssc install outreg2) to create output tables in Word.

After the regression you use the command:

Code:
         outreg2 using "pathway where to store/filename.doc", nocons adjr2 addtext(Year FE, YES, pc5 FE, YES, Clustered s.e., pc4 level)
        nocons surpresses the constant, adjr2 indicates that it should show adjusted R² instead of normal R² and with addtext you can add your own rows below the results.
        you can check help outreg2 for the options.

If you have results for another regression with no year FE for example you use again the command:

Code:
         outreg2 using "pathway where to store/filename.doc", nocons adjr2 addtext(Year FE, NO, pc5 FE, YES, Clustered s.e., pc4 level)
        but you change Year FE to NO. It adds the results to the other ones already in the file.

Comment

Working...
        X