Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to estimate missing data with complex interpolation formula ?

I want to estimate the total yearly stock per country (which I only have every 5 years) with the yearly inflow.

My formula is as follows:
    (S_t ) ̇=〖(1-δ)〗^5 (S_(t-5) ) ̇+〖(1-δ)〗^4 F_(t-4)+〖(1-δ)〗^3 F_(t-3)+〖(1-δ)〗^2 F_(t-2)+F_(t-1)+ μ_t

S= Stock at time t
    F= inflow at time t

I was only able to find a simple linear interpolation command however I don't know how I can calculate a more complex interpolation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[IMG]file:////Users/sofiaamorim/Library/Group%20Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/TemporaryItems/msohtmlclip/clip_image002.png[/IMG]
    should I use a simple interpolation and ignore the inflow data?
    0%
    Should I go ahead with this more complex interpolation?
    0%

You didn't get a response. You'll increase your chances of a helpful answer by following the FAQ on asking questions - provide Stata code in code delimiters, readable Stata output, and sample data using dataex. We don't generally open files and don't see voting as a legitimate way to answer a statistical question.

If you really have flow data, then I don't know why you wouldn't use it. However, this is a substantive issue about the meaning and measurement of the flow data. How accurate is the five year prediction using the five-year-back stock and the next five year's of flows? Without knowing your data structure, we can't do much coding for you. Once you've set up the years, you can easily generate new stock values using lags with if statements.

Comment

Working...
    X