No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting OR into RR

Hello,

I am running a propensity score analysis where imbalanced covariates are adjusted for using a logistic regression model but obviously, I get OR with log reg. Is there a way to convert it into RR or calculate it directly as RR?
    I have come across marings and adjrr but for both of these, I need to run the logistic regression model first which cannot be done as I follow it up with psmatch2 command:
    Code:
    logistic trt var1 var2 var3
    predict pscore
    sum pscore

set seed 1000
    generate x=runiform()
    sort x

psmatch2 trt, out(var1 var2) pscore(pscore) caliper(.001) noreplacement descending common logit
    So, as you can see, I cannot fit the margins or adjrr command before psmatch2 at all. Any tips / advice?

Originally posted by Pakeezah Saadat View Post
    So, as you can see, I cannot fit the margins or adjrr command before psmatch2 at all.
    Sorry, I don't see. Why can't you issue a margins command just as you have a summarize command?

Is it because there something hidden, such as a return scalar from the latter that you need to avoid overwriting in order for it to be available for psmatch2? If so, then first margins and then summarize.

Comment

I cannot use margins first because I need to adjust for imbalanced predictors which can only be known after I have run psmatch2. I cannot know how imbalanced my matching is until I actually do psmatch2.

Comment

On the topic of converting OR to RR, there is a nice discussion about it in an open-access BMJ article by RL Grant. The reference is Converting an odds ratio to a range of plausible relative risks for better communication of research findings. BMJ 2014; 348; DOI: 0.1136/bmj.f7450

The conversion from OR to RR is straightforward once the baseline risk (or odds) is known, but choosing the baseline risk may not necessarily be straightforward within your study.

Comment

Thank you, I will look into the paper.

Comment

Working...
          X