No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fractional Regression

Hello,

I have to perform a regression and my dependent variable is a probability. My two independent variables are dummies.
    I have been advised to perform a fracreg since the linear model may not be appropriate. However, I am still unsure whether I should use fracreg logit or fracreg probit, since my independent variables are dummies.
    Then, am I right to use the "margins , dydx" command to interpret the results? Can I say for example, if the coefficient is -0.41, that the probability will be 0.41 percentage points lower for the observation where the dummy =1 ?

Thank you very much for your help,

Viktor Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 09.03.36.png
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	1497460 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 09.03.23.png
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	1497461
    Last edited by Viktor Pustwo; 09 May 2019, 01:23.

Dear Viktor Pustwo,

Since all your regressors are dummies, it may be OK to use a linear model, especially if you also include the interaction between the dummies.

Best wishes,

Joao

Comment

Dear ,

Thank you very much for your reply.
      I am trying to look at if jobs requiring or college degree or not, and prior work experience or not will result in a lower probability of automation.
      Given the output attached, do you believe I can use a linear model to support my idea?

Thank you again for your help,

Best wishes,

Viktor
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-09 at 13.21.36.png
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1497487

Comment

Yes, I think so.

Joao

Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me

Comment

Getting back to the earlier question, it usually matters little whether you use logit or probit. It often just depends on what the standard practice is in your field.
            -------------------------------------------
            Richard Williams, Notre Dame Dept of Sociology
            Stata Version: 17.0 MP (2 processor)

EMAIL: [email protected]
            WWW: https://www3.nd.edu/~rwilliam

Comment

Vikton,

While you got excellent advice this time, since you're new, let me note you'll increase your chances of a useful answer in future by following the FAQ on asking questions - provide Stata code in code delimiters, readable Stata output and sample data using dataex. Pictures of output are not encouraged.

Phil

Comment

Working...
              X