No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Trends Question

Fellows!

I'm sorry for what is a probably basic question but I'm really needing help.

I'm currently doing my Bachelors thesis and I'm taking a diff-in-diff approach, It's all adding up, but i need to asses the Common Trends Assumption in a way other than graphically.

My data is structured by county, quantity of congregations (which is what i need to prove are parallel in time), population and then dummies for treatment areas and treatment moment. I have data for 1952, 1971, 1980, 1990, 2000 and 2010, treatment occurs between 2000 and 2010.

When I graph the avg quantity of congregations between the treated and control it's clear that they're parallel, but I need to be able to confirm otherwise.

Any help?

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Juan Tomas Rago; 08 May 2019, 19:37. Reason: Diff-in-Diff

Something like this:
    Code:
    regress outcome_variable i.treatment##c.year if year < 2000 // POSSIBLY SOME OPTIONS
    The coefficient of 1.treatment#year in the output estimates the difference in slopes between the treatment and control groups' outcome trajectories (assuming the trends are more or less linear over time), and if the parallel trends is true, this coefficient will be close to zero.

Comment

Hello Clyde!

Thanks for the fast response!

I got the following coef: .0936971

Would you say that's about enough to asses parallelism? also the P-value is 0.086

Comment

Please show the complete output. It isn't really possible to try to decide what "close to zero" means without the full context. And the p-value isn't helpful at all.

Comment

This is the full thing:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Results.png
Views:	1
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1497441

Last edited by Juan Tomas Rago; 08 May 2019, 20:53.

Comment

Working...
          X