Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep font size fixed when switching displays?

Stata (15.1 MP, Win 10 64) on my laptop has started changing font size wildly when switching between different external displays. Is there any way to keep the font size static? I've tried setting a different preference set, without success.

You didn't get a quick answer. You'll increase your chances of a useful answer by following the FAQ on asking questions - provide Stata code in code delimiters, readable Stata output, and sample data using dataex.

It may be that your different displays have different parameters for the display itself (not Stata). If so, you should see similar problems in Word or Excel files switched across displays. If the problem is the display parameters set by the system, then I suspect you can't easily address this from within Stata (but maybe you can if Stata can issue system commands to reset display parameters although I've never worked with this capability). If the problem only appears in Stata, I would ask tech support at Stata.

Comment

Hazarding a guess, the code comes from a do file, maybe - set scheme - is the origin of the problem. Anyway, and this is already underlined by Phil in #2, presenting what you typed and what Stata gave you back is the best approach to entail a helpful reply.
      Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

Thanks both. The problem is unique to STATA. I'm unclear how posting a code example/output would be of use however- I'm literally just opening STATA with default settings. I'll try STATA's tech support and see if they can shed any light.

Comment

In case others experience the same issue, here's the suggested workaround from STATA support. They're planning to add a 'feature' to fix this in a future release:

We don't have a way (currently) to automatically set the preferences when a monitor or laptop is switched, etc. The best workaround would be to save a preference for each instance and then load that preference when you switch between the two. For example:

** switch to laptop and load defaults (which will restore the correct
          ** dpi settings)

window manage prefs default

** save preferences as "laptop", etc. with the Edit\Prefereces\Save
          ** preference set menu in Stata

** repeat the same process for your monitor

** then you can use the following to load each preference instead of
          ** having to use the menu each time:

Code:
          window manage prefs load laptop
          or

Code: