Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting linkom results to Excel with stars and standard errors in brackets

Hello everyone,
    I am posting for the first time and I apologize if my question is already discussed. I looked for answers everywhere but I could not find the solution.
    Namely, I am doing a study on Bank concentration and Economic growth relationship. At some point, I do have an interaction term and I am testing for the joint significance using linkom command in stata as shown below:

xtabond2 lGpc l.lGpc c.CR3##i.LOW CR3SQR lFIN_p lGCF lTO lGS, gmm(l.lGpc , lag(1 9) collaps) iv(c.CR3##i.LOW CR3SQR lFIN_p lGCF lTO lGS) twostep robust orthogonal
    eststo EQ001
    lincom CR3+1.LOW#c.CR3
    estadd scalar inflection=-(_b[CR3]/(2*_b[CR3SQR]))
    estadd scalar inflection_LOW=-((_b[CR3]+_b[1.LOW#c.CR3])/(2*_b[CR3SQR]))
    estadd scalar xdiff = r(estimate)
    estadd scalar xdiffSE = r(se)

Now, I managed to find how to save these results from the joint significance test and to export them in the Excel. However, I get significance stars for coefficients and brackets for standard errors of the main results, however, I cannot get these for my results from lincom command. in other words, I get coefficients r(estimate) and standard errors r(se) that are not starred and within the brackets. I use the following command for exporting results:

esttab EQ001 using EQ_001.csv, replace label b(3) se(3) nogap compress varwidth(25) brackets ///
    star(* 0.1 ** 0.05 *** 0.01) title("Economic Growth - Bank Concentration Relationship - Low Income Countries (Dummy)") nogap ///
    scalars("xdiff b1+b3" "xdiffSE b1+b3 st.errors" "inflection Inflection point" "inflection_LOW Inflection point LOW" ///
    "j No. of instruments" "N_g No. of groups" "ar1p Arellano-Bond: AR(1)" "ar2p Arellano-Bond: AR(2)" "sarganp Sargan test (p-val)" ///
    "hansenp Hansen test (p-val)") sfmt(%9.3f %9.3f %9.3f) nonum mtitle("CR3 Non-Linear FIN_p")

What am I missing? Which command should I use and how? I have tens of models and this command would save me a lot of time. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edib

welcome to statalist

use
    h estout
    for information

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico Zorzi View Post
      welcome to statalist

use

for information
      i did.... and i couldn't figure out the right formula and the position. My esttab command has "brackets" and "star(* 0.1 ** 0.05 *** 0.01)" commands. But these work only for the main table results, but not for the scalar results that I am exporting!

Comment

Working...
      X