Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applicable to small samples only? Not at all. The results you show contradict that, with regressions for 400000 observations.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Cox View Post
      The results for the first identifier are for identifiers 2 up, those for the second 3 up, and so on; not what you want at all. See again #8 and the help. I guess that you want interval(sic_id 0 0).
      Got it. Thank you ! I have another question, because I did repeated regression following Joseph's method. I did the drop if mi(sale oprix), the missing value has been deleted indeed, but some entries have only one observation, thus the reg keeps reporting insufficient value.
      I have no idea how many observations does reg need, and how to do it properly, except for drop if mi().

Comment

Stata will certainly tell you when the number of observations is too small for estimation, which is a matter of basic mathematics. If you’re asking something else there can’t be a precise answer. Note that e.g. R-square of 1 is often a bad sign....

Stata does not delete observations with missing values when doing regression: it necessarily ignores them.

Comment

Dear all,

I am getting the same error (namely, ( invalid name r(198); ) in a similar situation. This is my code:

Code:
          tempname anees_uroot
          tempfile unitroots

postfile `anees_uroot'  str12 name dfuller_statistic dfuller_pvalue dfuller_lags  using `unitroots'

foreach var of varlist backward_total regulatory_distance {

xtunitroot  fisher `var', dfuller lags(1) demean trend
          local dfuller_statistic = r(Zt)
          local dfuller_pvalue = r(p)
          local dfuller_lags = r(lags)

post `anees_uroot' ("`var'") (`dfuller_statistic') (`dfuller_pvalue') (`dfuller_lags')
          }
          Might you please tell me how to solve this issue?
          Best regards

Comment

Working...
          X