No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xtreg, fe and xtreg, re when T>N

Hi Dear,

Can we use xtreg, fe and xtreg, re when T>N in our panel data?

Many Thanks.

Sidra:
    you would be better of with -xtregar- and -xtgls-.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Thanks Carlo,

But if we still apply xtreg, fe and xtreg, re when T>N, how will our results be affected?

Can I please say that the Maximum T I have is 28, while N is ranging between 3 and 17 in different estimations. How the results will be affected if I apply xtreg, fe or re here?

Also, can you please tell me when was the xtregar first introduced?

Regards,
      Sidra

Comment

Sidra:
        - in sum: it's a matter of serial corrrelation, that deserves more precise ways of modelling when T>N (something that -xtreg- can't do that well);
        - for more details on -xtregar-, see the related entry in Stata .pdf manual.
        Kind regards,
        Carlo
        (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for the response. Is specifying vce(robust) with xtreg is insufficient in this case?

Regards,
          Sidra

Comment

In addition to my query above and given our conversation before that, do you think xtgls and xtregar work when T>N and the explanatory variables are a mix of I(0) and I(1) variables? Is there any requirement of the stationarity of the variables for xtgls and xtregar?

Please recall that T could be around 28, while N ranges between 3 and 17 in different estimations.

Please respond at your earliest.

Regards,
            Sidra

Comment

Working...
            X