No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simultaneous equations

Hello,

I am doing accounting research. Recently I read a research paper using the generalized method of moments (GMM) to estimate the system of simultaneous equations for endogeneity issue. I need to do the same thing in my research but I don't know what the codes are. When I searched for information about GMM online, most articles mentioned xtabond2 command, but it doesn't seem that this is the correct command in this case.

The research paper I read mentioned the following:

"I use the generalized method of moments to estimate the system of simultaneous equations. The simultaneous equations are:

Eq(1) RSE = a0 + a1DIRSH + a2lnSales + a3Debt + a4Salesgrowth + Year_dum + Industry_dum
    Eq(2) DIRSH = b0 + b1RSE + b2ProxyQ + b3lnSales + b4lnRem + b5BoardSize + b6BoardComp + Industry_dum
    Eq(3) BoardSize = c0 + c1RSE + c2DIRSH + c3ProxyQ + c4lnSales + c5Debt + c6Salesgrowth + c7lnRem + Industry_dum
    Eq(4) BoardComp = d0 + d1RSE + d2DIRSH + d3ProxyQ + d4lnSales + d5Debt + d6Salesgrowth + d7BoardSize + Inudstry_dum"

It is much appreciated if someone can advise what the codes are in order to run the above simultaneous equations in Stata.

Thank you very much.

Liyu

Try -reg3- (help reg3) or -sem- (help sem)
    The syntax of reg3 is easier to learn. It implements 3SLS
    -sem- uses maximum likelihood, if I'm not mistaken.
    I will be busy the whole day and tomorrow. So further help may be provided by others.

Comment

You might also find useful information by reviewing the links in the output of Stata's search gmm command, if you have not already done so.

Comment

Working...
      X