No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bugs for reclink?

Dear all,
    Please run the code below, it says something was wrong, how to fix this?
    Code:
    tempfile using
    clear
    input str87 firmName double idusing
    "动力锂电池管理系统(BMS)及燃油专用车/船改纯锂电电动车/" 1
    end
    save "`using'.dta"

clear
    input str63 firmName str123 projName double idmaster
    "中资国际新能源储能动力科技有限公司" "动力锂电池管理系统(BMS)及燃油专用车/船改纯锂电电动车/船项目" 1
    end
    reclink projName using "`using'.dta",idmaster(idmaster) idusing(idusing) gen(matchscore) uvarlist(firmName)

I think that the parentheses within the id variables are confusing -reclink-. If you remove this, it runs without throwing any error messages.

By the way, your use of tempfiles is not correct. It should not be -save "`using'.dta"-, it should be -save `using'-. No .dta suffix is allowable here, and the quotes are not needed (but allowable). Similarly, when you use the file in the -reclink- command it should be -reclink projName using `using', ...-. Again, no .dta suffix, and no quotes.

All of that said, I wonder whether -reclink- will produce usable results in any case: it was written long before Stata handled Unicode, and it has not been updated recently.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Clyde! You are right! Removing parentheses solve the problem. And I also learn the right way to use tempfile.
      I thought -reclink- was powerful because it could deal with imperfect match, maybe now it needs some update, with fixing the parentheses problem.

Comment

Working...
      X