No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thresholds

Hi everyone

I want to investigate from wich debt rate the labor productivity will start decreasing to determine the optimal debt level. I know that I need to implement debt tresholds but wich commands do I therefore have to insert?

I have already had the following advice:

"If it is your expectation that labor productivity sometimes increases with debt rate and sometimes decreases with debt rate depending on the value, then you need a different, non-linear, model."

It is important that the commands will be available in Stata version 12.1 because I am not in the possibility to use another version of Stata.

Thanks in advance.

Stata 15 has threshold regression. It far from my field, but I gather this is what you wish. Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a user-written program which can be used in earlier version.
    Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

Joachim asked this earlier on https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...ebt-thresholds I advised him to ask again in case people didn't engage with "Debt".

Comment

I am now looking to buy Stata version 15. But there are different types:
        - Stata/IC
        - Stata/SE
        - Stata/MP

Can I run threshold regression on all these different types? The plan is to buy type "Stata/IC".

Comment

The flavours are basically related to the amount of variables as well as the speed. You may found a thorough description in the StataCorp’s webpage.
          Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

Thank you for the answer.

But is there nobody who knows how you can run thresholds in Stata version 12.1?

Comment

It would seem that threshold regression (-threshold- command) was introduced in Stata 15. I could not find reference to it in the Stata 14 manual.

Comment

I also find no information about it, but my supervisor of school says that it is possible to run threshold regression in Stata version 12.1.

Comment

I have bought Stata version 15.1. I want to run the next threshold regression:

threshold logarbeidsproductiviteit, threshvar(logschuldgraad) regionvars(logomzet lognettotoegevoegdewaarde logschulden logarbeidsintensiteit logloonkost logaantalwerknemers)

I get the error: (r198).

What do I need to change?

Comment

Dear Joachim, If you are using cross-sectional data, please consider https://www.ssc.wisc.edu/~bhansen/pr...threshold.html, or if you are using panel data. please check this out https://www.stata-journal.com/articl...article=st0373.
                    Ho-Chuan (River) Huang
                    Stata 17.0, MP(4)

Comment

I am already using that article, but the problem is the error (r198).

Comment

Dear Joachim, Are you replying to my suggestions? If so, then we are talking about different things as far as I can see. I don't use the "default" threshold command.

Ho-Chuan (River) Huang
                        Stata 17.0, MP(4)

Comment

I want to use that article for the description of the analysis. But Indeed, i am using the default threshold command.
                          Last edited by Joachim Vanderheyden; 18 Mar 2019, 04:06.

Comment

I'm just wondering whether you could inform it the data was - tsset - or not.
                            Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

Working...
                            X