Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plotting random and fixed effects using cross-classified logistic model (meqrlogit)

Hello Statalist,

I am running a cross classified (logistic) age period cohort model. Periods and cohort are assumed to be “crossed” with one another instead of being nested within one another. As I now have the regression results I would like to graph the predicted probabilities of my outcome variable (binary 0=Yes, 1=No) for the random components (period and cohort) and for age.

Below is the code I ran for my model and calculating deviance (to determine goodness of fit):
    Code:
    meqrlogit bino1 c.Age##c.Age i.education i.employment i.parent income Nchild || _all:R.Period || Cohort:, laplace or
    predict dev, dev
    gen dev22 = dev^2
    qui sum dev22
    di "Deviance = " r(sum) " = " -2*e(ll)
    With the help of the stata manual and previously answered questions on statalist I have attempted to graph my results using the code below:

Code:
    predict fe, xb
    predict re, reses
    gen fere = fe + re
    gen lowconf = fere - 1.96*reses
    gen uppconf = fere + 1.96*reses
    Which returns an error for “predict re, reses” of “too few variables specified”.

I am unsure how to correctly get the predictions and then plot them in a line graph to better visualize the age period and cohort effects on my outcome variable?

Any help is appreciated.

I'm actually trying to do something quite similar and would be interested in this if you've managed to figure it out!

-Hale

Comment

Working...
    X