Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing material incorporated in Java plugins

I've been wading into the world of Java plugins, which has involved wading into the world of Java (i.e., I'm new to Java). I am also new to the licensing issues that Java brings.

My program incorporates several dependencies, all of which are under the Apache 2.0 license. I'd like to distribute my program through SSC as a JAR file that includes those dependencies, so end-users don't need to install anything extra beyond my program. My understanding of the Apache license is that I am free to do so, as long as I include the original copyright notices for the dependencies in my distribution.

My question is the best way to do so. Does anyone have experience with this? My thought was to include a Stata help file that displays the various copyright statements from the dependencies, but I'm curious if there is some different, standard way to do this?

Hello Nicholas,

in Stata type:
    Code:
    help copyright
    and this mentions among a bunch of other entries things with the Apache and GNU (LGPL).

with that I think it would be appropriate to create a file copyright_yourcmd.sthlp and put whatever clauses necessary there, linking this file from the main help file if it is a long one.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin

Comment

Thanks Sirgiy, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Comment

Working...
      X