Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nwcommands "invalid" error

Hello, I just discovered the nwcommands in stata for network analysis. This will make life so much easier!! Thank you for this package!!
    Here is my question - I installed the nwcommands and went through the tutorials on nwcommands.org. However, none of the commands work for me for some reason. See below examples. I can't figure out why nothing works. Even if I try something really simple like webnwuse, I get an error saying "invalid 'Mani'. Any advice appreciated.

thanks

. nwimport D:\Users\Dalhia Mani\Dropbox (Personal)\Data\Data_revised\temp\full_network.net , type(pajek) name(try)

Loading networks from file "D:\Users\Dalhia Mani\Dropbox (Personal)\Data\Data_revised\temp\full_network.net " failed
    r(6750);

. nwclear

. webnwuse florentine
    invalid 'Mani'
    r(198);

Standard Stata advice, e,g, at

Code:
    help use
    If your filename contains embedded spaces, remember to enclose it in double quotes.
    What's as often as easy or easier: organize your files and then cd so that all files in the project are in the same folder, the current one.

Comment

Thanks. My apologies - I actually did run it with double quotes around the filename, but still get the same error. Even when I do something really simple like point and click using the dialog boxes in stata to load an example file, I still get this same error. i also tried changing the directory to the same one that the file I want to import. But I still get an error. No idea what I'm doing wrong.

best

. webnwuse gang
      invalid 'Mani'
      r(198);

. nwimport "D:\Users\Dalhia Mani\Dropbox (Personal)\Data\Data_revised\temp\full_network.net " , type(pajek) name(try)

Loading networks from file "D:\Users\Dalhia Mani\Dropbox (Personal)\Data\Data_revised\temp\full_network.net " failed
      r(6750);

. cd "D:\Users\Dalhia Mani\Dropbox (Personal)\Data\Data_revised\temp"
      D:\Users\Dalhia Mani\Dropbox (Personal)\Data\Data_revised\temp

. nwimport full_network.net , type(pajek)

Loading networks from file "full_network.net" failed
      r(6750);

Comment

Working...
      X