Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravity model regression

I want to estimate a gravity model 5 countries in East Africa Community (EAC), Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. I want to investigate the role of infrastructure on intra-EAC trade. I have a data set for each exporter and 4 importers from EAC. I have tried using panel data but when I want to declare the data as panel, I get an error " repeated time values in panel". How do I go about it? Which estimation method would be appropriate? Attached is Gravity model data Kenya.dta the data for Kenya with other trade partners, I have similar data for the other remaining countries. Kindly advice me.

You'll increase the chances of a useful answer by following the FAQ on asking questions - provide Stata code in code delimiters, readable Stata output, and sample data using dataex. Also, assume we're not from your area Note that we often won't open files.

Repeated time series in panel means just that - you have two observations with the same date in a panel. You can use the duplicates command to identify the problem observations. Sometimes this comes up when you have two observations with missing dates in the same panel.

Comment

Thank You so much Phil Bromiley

Comment

Working...
      X