Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi, it's not a question about stata, but maybe you can give me a guide.

I am trying to get a histogram for 400 variables in stata with a file that has been worked on in spss. I already saved it in stata format and although the descriptive statistics are the same for me in both programs, like in the box graph, it is not so in the histogram ... you know why? If the statistics are the same, I do not think there is anything wrong with the database. As I do not use SPSS I have not had a clear management for some time and for me it is more difficult to obtain graphics for example for 3 years of a certain variable and for the person's sex. In SPSS I get it separated and I will spend time trying to accommodate my word file, something that is easier for me by putting restraints.

For histograms, likely that the issue is the number/size of the bins (bars) that the programs are outputting by default. Can try and set them to the same and see if the discrepancy remains.

Comment

To add to Daniels's insightful post, please look at the FAQ on asking questions - provide Stata code in code delimiters, readable Stata output, and sample data using dataex. Your explanation is a little difficult to understand also. A more descriptive title would also help - almost all posting on Statalist are asking for help.

Comment

Working...
      X