Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with esttab equations option

I am just getting my feet wet with Latex, and I am trying to use esttab to create Latex tables. When I run logit (but not ols) models, the esttab output includes the name of the dependent variable (or sometimes the word "main") in the first column and in the row just above the first independent variable. Nothing else is included in that row. I have figured out that this has something to do with "equations" option in esttab. By blindly experimenting I have found that if I use the option "equations(1)" then the row just above the first independent variable will contain "#1" instead of the dependent variable name. But, despite reading the help file and doing quite a bit of searching online, I can't find a good explanation of what the equation option does, or how I can prevent it from inserting a row in my tables. Thanks in advance for any advice/explanation.

I thought that perhaps I should provide an example of what I am talking about. When I use the following code to create a Latex table using esttab, I get the following table in Latex. It is the "Car Type" row in the first column of the table that I am trying to avoid. Thanks!

Code:
    clear
    sysuse auto.dta

logit foreign mpg
    est store model1

logit foreign mpg price
    est store model2

logit foreign mpg price headroom
    est store model3

esttab model1 model2 model3 using "auto_test.tex", replace lines drop(*cons*) b(3) t(2) staraux star(* 0.10 ** 0.05 *** 0.01) pr2 noparentheses label wide abs eform order(mpg price headroom)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 2.55.46 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1480434

Comment

Well, to anyone who might have a similar problem, I have found the solution: add eqlabels(none) as an option

So in my example above,

Code:
      clear
      sysuse auto.dta  

logit foreign mpg
      est store model1  

logit foreign mpg price
      est store model2  

logit foreign mpg price headroom
      est store model3  

esttab model1 model2 model3 using "auto_test.tex", replace lines drop(*cons*) b(3) t(2) staraux star(* 0.10 ** 0.05 *** 0.01) pr2 noparentheses label wide abs eform order(mpg price headroom) eqlabels(none)

Comment

Working...
      X