Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to override SSL error when importing?

Hi All,

I've been using a set of programs to scrape the USNO astronomical data for the past two years. Recently, their website's SSL certificate expired and I am no longer able to use the insheet command pull in the data from their website. I've contacted them multiple times with no luck.

Is there any way I can just override the SSL error in Stata? I tried disabling the security settings in Java but for some reason it keeps checking in Stata.

Code:
    insheet using "https://aa.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_rstablew.pl?ID=AA&year=2001&task=2&state=TN&place=memphis", clear

If you haven't done so already, this question could also be directed to Stata Technical Services. The problem is not in the insheet command itself but is almost certainly part of the common code used to support the use of URLs where filenames are expected.

Comment

Originally posted by William Lisowski View Post
      If you haven't done so already, this question could also be directed to Stata Technical Services. The problem is not in the insheet command itself but is almost certainly part of the common code used to support the use of URLs where filenames are expected.
      I had not done that but I will now.

Comment

See also this post for a workaround.

Comment

As a postscript, I have read that expired SSL certificates are a problem on multiple US government sites as a result of the shutdown of US government services and consequent furlough of “nonessential” employees.

Comment

Working...
          X