Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test for statistical significance on a cumulative treatment effect as oppose to a mean treatment effect

Hi apologies I have a very basic question. I haven't used STATA ina while just getting back into it so I'm a bit rusty.

I would like to test the statistical significance for the difference between a treatment and control i.e. the treatment effect.

However I do not want to test for the statistical significance of the mean treatment effect. Instead I've added up the marginal responses from the control and treatment (to get a cumulative value) then I have gotten the difference between the cumulatieve value of the treatment and control to get the treatment effect size which I've done on excel (for convenience purposes). I would like to test the statistical significance between these two variables. However given it's done in excel when I export it into STATA it's simply two numbers so I can't test for statistical significane.

I was wondering would I need to export all of the data and create some interaction term that somehow gives me the difference between the cumulative values of the treatment and control? If so all of the commands I know for running statistical significance all assume it's the mean. In order to test for statistical significance of a cumulative treatment effect would I need to do the test for statistical significance manually?

Thanks for any help.

I find your post very unclear, to the point where I have no idea what your data look like, nor what you want to calculate from them.

It is, in any case, premature to post a question about using Stata here if you do not even have your data imported into Stata. So first get that step accomplished. Then I think you should repost using the -dataex- command to show an example of your data set. Then give a clearer explanation of what you mean by "cumulative" treatment effect and "marginal responses" in terms of your data. I also suggest that before re-posting you read the Forum FAQ for excellent advice on these and other aspects of posting questions in ways that enhance your likelihood of drawing a timely and helpful response.

Comment

Working...
    X