No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• profileplot

Hi,
    I'm using Stata version 11, and despite repeated attempts, unable to download the profileplot program. Any ideas as to how to do this?
    Thanks
    Rao

Welcome to Statalist, Rao.

Without telling us what you have attempted, and what Stata told you the results were, you are basically asking for us to guess what the problem might be and for each guess, explain it to you and tell you how to determine if that is indeed the problem and what the solution might be.

This is not a prospect that many here greet with enthusiasm.

Please review the Statalist FAQ linked to from the top of the page, as well as from the Advice on Posting link on the page you used to create your post. Note especially sections 9-12 on how to best pose your question.

Section 12.1 is particularly pertinent

12.1 What to say about your commands and your problem

Say exactly what you typed and exactly what Stata typed (or did) in response. N.B. exactly!
    Never say just that something "doesn't work" or "didn't work", but explain precisely in what sense you didn't get what you wanted.
    The more you help others understand your problem, the more likely others are to be able to help you solve your problem.

Comment

Code:
      search profileplot
      leads to a clickable link.

Comment

Hi

Thank you both for your comments - I didn't mean to be parsimonious.

All I'm trying to do is create a graph that shows the trends in glucose values per patient over several years (x-axis will be t0, t1, t2...and so on, whereas y-axis is the absolute value of blood glucose).

Having done some reading reading around this, it appeared to me that this could be possible using the user-written "profileplot" program in Stata.

Before putting my query through this panel, I did try to type in "search profileplot" - although it returns 2 links, when I click either of them I merely get directed to https://stats.idre.ucla.edu

I then downloaded a zip file from this website, but I have not been successful in using the adofile contained in the zipfile. Nor was there a new window showing me where I can 'click to install'.

Hence, I would appreciate your thoughts on how to install this user-written program. More broadly speaking, I will also appreciate any alternatives to the profileplot which can be useful in helping me generate the type of graph that I intend to do.

Many thanks
        Rao

Comment

Because Stata 11 is two versions before I started using Stata, let me show you the command and results when I install it directly from the IRDE source.
          Code:
          . net install profileplot.pkg, from(https://stats.idre.ucla.edu/stat/stata/ado/analysis)
          checking profileplot consistency and verifying not already installed...
          installing into /Users/lisowskiw/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/plus/...
          installation complete.
          I agree with Nick that you should have seen a clickable link to do the installation had you followed the path to IRDE from within the search results. Did you instead copy the URL from the search results and open it in a web browser? If so, you snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.
          Last edited by William Lisowski; 21 Jan 2019, 16:15.

Comment

profileplot does what is intended, nicely, but #4 doesn't make me think it has special virtues that you need. You have panel data or repeated measures and plotting each patient's values versus time can be achieved in several more direct ways. So, the standard advice of showing us a data example is more likely to be fruitful.

Comment

Working...
            X