Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSEM: Using a latent variable as an explanatory variable in the multinomial logistic regression

Hi,

Is it possible to use CFA outputs, latent variables, as explanatory (independent) variables in a multinomial logistic regression model in a GSEM model? I thought this would be as easy as adding a path from the latent variable to my categorical dependent variable but it does not seem to work.

So what I do is I add a measurement component first, which works fine by itself, then I add a regression component, which works fine by itself as well, then add a path from the latent variable to the dependent variable in the regression component. But, I guess, rather than treating the latent variable as an explanatory variable for the regression, it treats my dependent variable as another source variable for the latent variable.

I hope this makes sense. I am normally an R user and an SEM newbie, so apologies if I am missing things that are obvious.

Ugur

This would make more sense if you showed what code you're using, preferably in code delimiters (see my signature for details). I would guess that you have an arrow facing the wrong direction, but that's just a guess until we see code.
    Be aware that it can be very hard to answer a question without sample data. You can use the dataex command for this. Type help dataex at the command line.

When presenting code or results, please use the code delimiters format them. Use the # button on the formatting toolbar, between the " (double quote) and <> buttons.

Comment

Was this problem solved?
      I have this problem too

Comment

Working...
      X