No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• threshold, gaps not allowed

Hi everyone,

I'm doing threshold model with the command "threshold" in Stata15.1, my data is strongly balanced, time is continuous and there's no missing value, but it shows "gaps not allowed". (please see attached) I hope anyone who has used this command could help me with this problem, thank you very much!

Best,
    Yan
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-30 下午1.29.38.png
Views:	2
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1472825

Last edited by Yan Han; 30 Nov 2018, 13:31.

Attached Files

Comment

First, please review the Statalist FAQ linked to from the top of the page, as well as from the Advice on Posting link on the page you used to create your post. Note especially sections 9-12 on how to best pose your question. It's particularly helpful to copy commands and output from your Stata Results window and paste them into your Statalist post using code delimiters [CODE] and [/CODE], and to use the dataex command to provide sample data, as described in section 12 of the FAQ. The FAQ will explain why screenshots as you have used in this topic and your initial topic are not as helpful as the recommended alternatives.

Next, I agree that your data seems complete. One possibility we have seen occasionally on Statalist is a variable that has accidentally been stored as a string rather than numeric. The misstable summarize command does not rule out that possibility, but it would if you included the all option - it would list string variables and note them as string.
      Code:
      . sysuse auto, clear
      (1978 Automobile Data)

. misstable summarize price mpg
      (variables nonmissing or string)

. misstable summarize price mpg make
      (variables nonmissing or string)

. misstable summarize price mpg make, all
                                                                     Obs<.
                                                      +------------------------------
                     |                                | Unique
            Variable |     Obs=.     Obs>.     Obs<.  | values        Min         Max
        -------------+--------------------------------+------------------------------
               price |                            74  |     74       3291       15906
                 mpg |                            74  |     21         12          41
                make | (string variable)              |
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

the -threshold- command is not meant for panel data; maybe you want -xthreg- from the Stata Journal?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Goldstein View Post
          the -threshold- command is not meant for panel data; maybe you want -xthreg- from the Stata Journal?
          Oh I see, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
          X