No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• latent profile analysis, lclass not allowed

Hi all,
    I'm trying out latent profile analysis with 8 continuous variables, I started by asking stata to give me 2 profiles:
    gsem (g9sharepower g9respect g9fair g9allsuccess g9mistake g9interesting g9easy <- ), lclass(C 2)

But i got an error message: option lclass() not allowed

Any suggestion would be appreciated, thanks!

Diane,

This is an odd error. Stata has a stock dataset with several continuous indicators, and it does not replicate this error when I use your syntax. The only explanation I can imagine right now is that you are not running Stata 15. What version are you running?
    Be aware that it can be very hard to answer a question without sample data. You can use the dataex command for this. Type help dataex at the command line.

When presenting code or results, please use the code delimiters format them. Use the # button on the formatting toolbar, between the " (double quote) and <> buttons.

Comment

Hi Weiwen,
      Thanks for replying! I am indeed using stata 14.2 not 15, maybe that's why?

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Hsieh View Post
        Hi Weiwen,
        Thanks for replying! I am indeed using stata 14.2 not 15, maybe that's why?
        Unfortunately, you do need Stata 15 to do latent class analysis in -gsem-. The Penn State University Stata plugin will work with Stata 14.2, and it does accept binary and ordinal indicators. However, the plugin won't work with continuous indicators. I am not aware of any user-written packages that enable generalized latent class analysis with many indicator types. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! If you have to do this work and you can't get your hands on Stata 15, and if you don't know anyone with MPlus, then it can surely be done in R if you find the right package.
        Be aware that it can be very hard to answer a question without sample data. You can use the dataex command for this. Type help dataex at the command line.

When presenting code or results, please use the code delimiters format them. Use the # button on the formatting toolbar, between the " (double quote) and <> buttons.

Comment

Working...
        X