Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export to Excel more than 1,048,576 million observations

I am trying to export four variables to excel. Given the summary statistics (below), the number of observations for some variables are within the parameter of 1,048,576. How do I export all of these variables to excel?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	excel error2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1460382

Last edited by Maddie Adelman; 30 Aug 2018, 18:33.

The Obs reported in the -summ- output have nothing to do with this. It is the total number of observations in the entire data set that must be between 1 and 1,048,576 to use -export excel-.

If you really want to export each variable to a separate spreadsheet, for those where -summarize- shows fewer than 1,048,576 you could do something like this:

Code:
    export excel A_Prim_Sic if !missing(A_Prim_Sic) using "Volumes/Maddie/Data-M_Acq_Naic.xlsx"
    But I don't see how data sets with only one variable will prove particularly useful. And lacking an identifier variable, you won't even be able to -merge- the resulting variables together.

I think you're pretty much stuck. That limit on the number of observations is not something that Stata imposed: it's an inherent limit of Excel files.

You might consider using -export delimited- to create a .csv file instead if that would serve your purposes.

Comment

Working...
    X