No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixed effect parameter estimates with xtregar, fe

Hello everyone,

I am running a panel fixed-effects model with AR(1) disturbances using xtregar, fe. My data consist of firms observed at different various years.
    When getting the predicted values of the fixed-effects (using predict command), the predicted FE don't show for years for which previous years are missing. For exemple, let's consider a firm i observed at years t=2005, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014. Then, after using predict fix_eff, u, the column named fix_eff has an empty value for the year 2009 (as well as for 2005, 2011 and 2013). What is the reason behind that ?
    Besides, I am wondering how the fixed-effects estimates are computed under xtregar, fe. I compared, within each firm, the given estimate to mean(dependent variable) minus mean(fitted values), as the fixed-effects are estimated that way under xtreg, fe, and found some differences. My question is simple : how are the fixed-effects estimates computed under xtregar, fe ?

Thank you.

I can't be sure, but the documentation says these are only estimated within the sample. I suspect you're not getting fixed effects for observations that could not be used in the estimation and the previous value must be not missing due to the ar1 correction.

Comment

Working...
    X