Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15.0 --> 15.1 Update won't finish downloading documentation

Trying to update Stata from 15.0 to 15.1. Successfully downloaded executable files, then utility files, but when it gets to documentation, it just keeps downloading....and downloading... and downloading for eternity. Using up a huge amount of data, but never finishing. Then after 15-20 minutes it returns r(2) saying the connection times out. The bottom bar of the window also shows progress reports. It says contacting host..., then 0... 10... 20 etc. until 90, then resets and repeats. Over, and over, and over again. Tried multiple times. Could the documentation files really be this big (i.e. at least half a GB)?

EDIT: Also cannot download from https://www.stata.com/support/updates/. Downloads about 230mb, then stops and won't download any more. Says it failed. Not an internet issue (I'm writing this post, after all).
    Last edited by Aaron Wolf; 19 Jul 2018, 07:31.

Silly question perhaps, but do you have enough free disk space?

Comment

Aaron, I confirm I have seen the same disruptions in downloads happening when working from a hotel connection, but only when accessing password-protected resources. It was successful when I switched to a different connection (with the same machine).

I have just pinged the update on the StataCorp's site and obtained (windows) the file of size 601,774,398 bytes with the following MD5: 85ee99803047e9c669557bbcf16933f1. Zip validation succeeded.

Recommend retrying from a different connection.

Comment

Working...
      X