No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help graph bar - multiple variables

Hi everyone,
    I am using the Italian time use data. I have the following variables "read_mother read_father play_mother play_father sport_mother sport_father, etc" and I would like to use graph bar to show how the mean time spent on a given activity changes if the activity is carried out with the mother or with the father! Is there a way to put only the name of one single variable: that is, to show on the graph only "read" below the bars instead of putting "read_mother read_father" into the legend? Furthermore, is there a way that all the variables for time spent with mother have the same color instead of different ones?
    Thank you in advance,
    Andrea

PS: I cannot use the over() option!

I think you need a reshape long and then things will be much easier. Googling with site:www.statalist.org and keywords like reshape and bar shows several threads here with that theme.

Giving us a data example as we request -- and not just a word description of your dataset as if we had access to it -- would be likely to evoke code in other answers.

Comment

Thank you a lot for your help MR. Cox! Next time I will post my code so it will be easier to get an answer

Comment

Working...
      X