Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation on how to calculate how long it takes someone to leave.

Hi,

I am new to stata and generally weak in statistics. I am working on a project for a class exploring affordable housing units and the circumstances that causes tenants to leave affordable housing. i was wondering if someone can help guide me. What analysis would you recommend I use to answer the question, " How long (in years) does it take for tenants to leave" I have variables on the day they move in and move out - I have also worked out a variable on days occupied in unit based on move in and move out dates.

Sorry if this is not the forum for this kind of questions.

If you have the number of days of occupancy, you can get the number of years by dividing by 365.25. Am I misunderstanding something?

Comment

You'll increase your chances of a useful answer by following the FAQ on asking questions - provide Stata code in code delimiters, readable Stata output, and sample data using dataex. How you implement Clyde's correct suggestion depends a little on your data structure.

This list generally does not help with class assignments - part of the learning process is you trying to solve the problem, and if you really need assistance, that is what professors are paid for.

Comment

Working...
      X