No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving estore results as a dta file

Dear members of the list,

I am using gender and family type for explaining expectations of university graduation among teenagers of 30 countries, using data from PISA 2015. I am particularly interested in the interaction between gender and family type. In the example below, I label the gender variable gender as “gndr”, and the family typology as “univ_parent2”. This latter typology (variable) has just three categories.

As a preliminary step before multilevel modelling, I want to assess cross-national variation in the heterogeneous effect of gender across the categories of the family-type variable that I am using. I want to see to what extent the effect of gender on educational expectations, which I find generally diverse across types of family, is more so in some countries than in others.

For each country in the analysis, I intend to generate the average marginal effect of gender for each one of the three family types that I consider. My ultimate goal is to save all these country-specific average marginal effects of gender and generate a single graph with them.

For generating the marginal effects of gender after each country-specific logistic regression, I use the following loop. There are 32 countries, and the name of the country variable is “cntry3”

Code:
     forval  i = 1/32 {
                  capture noisily logit [educational expectation] i.univ_parent2 i.gndr univ_parent2#gndr if cntry3==`i'
                  margins, dydx(gndr) at(univ_parent2==(1 2 3))
                  estimates store Model`i'
                  }
    Then, I am aware that I can save the result as a single Excel file…

Code:
    esttab mode* using "[name of the file.xls] ", replace
    …But I want to save the results in a single Stata dta file so that I can generate a graph showing the cross-national variation in the marginal effect of gender across family types that I am interested.

Do you know if it is possible to save the results as a Stata dta file, instead of Excel.

Thanks for your attention

Luis

You might look at the postfile command.

Comment

Working...
    X