Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-download OECD data in STATA right away: sdmxuse, a problem, and possible alternatives?

Dear all,

I am looking for a neat way to import data from the OECD database directly into STATA without having to go through the loop of downloading many Excel sheets etc.
    To this end, I want to use the user-written sdmxuse command. Apologies in advance if this is not the right place to ask about user-written commands, I was not sure whether in statalists it is okay to refer to these packages or not.

In execucting one of the examples which is provided, as well as in executing any other, I get an error message.

Code:
    ssc install sdmxuse
    sdmxuse data OECD, clear dataset(EO) dimensions(FRA+DEU.GDPV_ANNPCT.)
    command moss not found as either built-in or ado-file
    Thus, I have 2 questions:
    • Would anyone know how to deal with this error? What am I doing wrong?
    • Is there a good alternative to this package? For World Bank data, I have had good experiences with wbopendata, is there anything similar for the OECD?
    Thank you so much already in advance for your time!

Best
    Johannes

From the output of help sdmxuse we read

Remarks

This program uses the package "moss" by Robert Picard & Nicholas J. Cox. You can install it from SSC: ssc install moss
    Last edited by William Lisowski; 16 Jun 2018, 17:39.

Comment

Apologies, I really should have seen this!

Comment

Hi everyone,

Could you help me, please? I can't take data from OECD to stata with using getdata or sdmxuse code. Which code should i use?

Comment

Working...
        X