No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEMBUILDER From Command/Results windows To path diagram

Dear colleagues,

I have a quick question regarding using the SEMBUILDER -- I was wondering if it is possible to have the sembuilder "draw" a SEM model from the command and results window?

For example, consider Example 9 from the Stata 13 manual (pg 199 of this link). One could enter these few lines of code and have Stata estimate the corresponding coefficients:

Code:
    . use http://www.stata-press.com/data/r13/sem_sm2
    . ssd describe
    . sem ///
    (anomia67 pwless67 <- Alien67) /// measurement piece
    (anomia71 pwless71 <- Alien71) /// measurement piece
    (Alien67 <- SES) /// structural piece
    (Alien71 <- Alien67 SES) /// structural piece
    ( SES -> educ66 occstat66) // measurement piece
    My question is this: after the estimation is completed, how do I get the SEMBUILDER to generate (draw) the corresponding SEM figure -- as shown on pg 200 of this link) -- based on the few lines of text commands issued above?

Thank you in advance for your time. My sincerest apologies if this sounds like a silly question.

Very sincerely,

Michael

Last edited by Michael Chen; 09 May 2018, 13:30.

I had the same question. If my understanding of the help file is correct, then this is unfortunately not possible as it is stated in 2.
    Using the command language to specify standard linear SEMs
    You can describe your model to sem by using path diagrams with the Builder, or you can describe
    your model by using sem’s command language. Here are the trade-offs:
    1. If you use path diagrams, you can see the results of your estimation as path diagrams or as
    standard computer output.
    2. If you use the command language, only standard computer output is available.
    3. Typing models in the command language is usually quicker than drawing them in the Builder.
    4. You can type models in the command language and store them in do-files. By doing so,
    you can more easily correct the errors you make.
    If anyone has ideas of how to convert command line code to a beautiful SEM path diagram, I would appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
    X