Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can -tabout- handle clustered sampling?

I'm trying to export descriptive SE and CI for survey data. Can tabout handle clustering? I couldn't determine based on the help file. If not, what excel output command would you recommend?

Edit: Basically, I would like to just use -svyset-, but I'm unsure how to include -vce(cluster var)-. Another thread stated:

"The first question is whether the sampling design actually stratified on region, or do you just have region as a variable in the data is a covariate. Only if the sampling design actually stratified on region is it appropriate to include -strata(region)- in your -svyset- command. Assuming that's the case, there is no need to use vce(cluster region) or make any similar correction. The -svy:- prefix will cause Stata to calculate standard errors appropriate to the design.

One more thing. Even if region isn't really a stratum in the survey design (and, hence, does not belong in the -strata()- option), you have only 10 regions. I think most statisticians would say that using -vce(cluster region)- would not be appropriate anyhow with that few regions."

I'm not really sure what that means. I suppose my question is half helping me figure out a code and half helping me figure out survey stratification theory.
    Last edited by Tommie Thompson; 20 Apr 2018, 09:02.

Comment

For the output part of your questions, maybe if you show the command that you typed in Stata, and tell us which statistics do you want to export, someone might help.
      Regards
      --------------------------------------------------
      Attaullah Shah, PhD.
      Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
      FinTechProfessor.com
      https://asdocx.com
      Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
      For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Working...
      X