No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “dfl” program to estimate DiNardo, Fortin and Lemieux counterfactuals

Hello,
    I downloaded the user-written "dfl" ado file as I wish to estimate DiNardo, Fortin and Lemieu counterfactuals. However, I cannot get the example code posted at the bottom of the help file to work. Here is the syntax, and error message I get:

. webuse nlsw88, clear
    (NLSW, 1988 extract)

. g ttl_exp2 = ttl_exp^2

. g lwage = log(wage)

. dfl union ttl_exp ttl_exp2 married grade, outcome(lwage)
    command _pecats is unrecognized
    r(199);

I have downloaded the other use-written ado files that this program (appears to) rely on (akdensity, decompose and jmp). I have tried using a different version number before running the program (I have Stata version 15, I have tried using versions 5 through 14, by typing "Version <X>" before running the code). I have also emailed the writer of the program, but have not heard back.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

thank you,
    Christina

It appears dft is using a routine that it calls _pecats, but cannot find it. One approach would be to look in the do files for dfl to see if you can diagnose the problem. Make sure all files associated with the program are in the right subdirectories (near all the other ado files) so that the program finds them. If that doesn't work, then contact the author.

Comment

Hello,
      I have just encountered the same problem. Christina, have you already found a solution?
      Thanks,
      Stefanie

Comment

This is a little late, but I hope this would help anyone else that encountered this problem. I faced the same problem recently and manage to solve it by installing the crtest module.

Comment

I had the same issue with _pcats. To fix it, I used the following commands and then installed 3 links in which spost9 exist.

ssc install gologit2, replace
          findit spost9 // now install all 3 links of spost9

Comment

Working...
          X