Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After all these hours of searching, you saved my day Sir!
    From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
    hope you have a great day, you deserve it!

Comment

Moritz Scheidenberger Thanks for your feedback. Means a lot.
      Regards
      --------------------------------------------------
      Attaullah Shah, PhD.
      Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
      FinTechProfessor.com
      https://asdocx.com
      Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
      For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

joel hicks I have update asdoc. There are several updates including fixing the labeling issue with factor variables. Other fixes include:

*! Version 2.3.5.0: Changes made July 13 , 2019: tab command with string variables

! Version 2.3.4.9: Changes made July 12 , 2019: Label now works with factor variables in regressions

*! Version 2.3.4.8: Changes made July 03 , 2019: Significance stars customizable using setstar() option.

*! Version 2.3.4.8: Changes made June 29 , 2019: weights added to the table command

*! Version 2.3.4.7: Changes made June 25 , 2019: aweights added

*! Version 2.3.4.6: Changes made June 25 , 2019: stat() option of nested reg improved

*! Version 2.3.4.5: Changes made June 24 , 2019: Total row added to the tab command

*! Version 2.3.4.4: Changes made June 24 , 2019: Table command now supports date/time variables

*! Version 2.3.4.3: Changes made June 19, 2019: File saving made easy. Just use
        Code:
        global save "Whatever file name"
        or use option save() first time with asdoc, then asdoc will remember the file name until Stata is closed or another name is written to the global save macro

*! Version 2.3.4.2: Changes made June 19, 2019: Support for empty value in accum option, used with row option: 2. Integers do not have decimal points now in option row()

*! Version 2.3.4.1: Changes made June 15, 2019: option label added to list command;

*! Fixing bys sum in MacOS

*! Version 2.3.4 : Changes made June 6, 2019: eform() logistic p-values correction in nested table

*! Version 2.3.3.9: command replay added. This is used with bootstrap or other regressions that have complex syntax

*! Version 2.3.3.8: Adding significance level for multi-levels using the setstars() option.

The new version of asdoc can be installed from my site. Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.
        Code:
        net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
        Please note that the above line has to be copied in full. After installation of the new version, then restart Stata.

Please do remember to cite asdoc. To cite:
        In-text citation
        Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography
        Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.
        Last edited by Attaullah Shah; 12 Jul 2019, 17:12.
        Regards
        Attaullah Shah, PhD.
        FinTechProfessor.com
        For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Attaullah Shah Many thanks for Asdoc. Just to let you know, the changing the significance stars option does not work with any type of model (specifically I wanted to change the sig. levels while using the nested option).

Code:
          setstars(*@.001, **@.01, ***@.05)
          That line of code is taken from the help asdoc file (fyi, the logic behind that sig. levels ex. in the help file are the wrong way round; i.e. it should be ***@.001, **@.01, *@.05)

I have checked with various regression commands (mixed, meologit, reg) and options (nested models; no other asdoc options selected except for setstars) and none of them change the written output of significance levels.

I've checked whether a '0' has to precede the star options (i.e. ***@0.001 rather than ***@.001) and also reversed the order in which the stars are presented (* ---> *** as opposed to *** ---> *) and it still does not work as intended.

I'm confident that this isn't an system-specific issue which you can check for yourself. I've ran it using the Stata auto data, copying and pasting commands directly from the asdoc helpfile and the significance levels do not change in the output file.

If you run the below code, you should get an output file in which the significance levels remain as the default ones despite the option to change the significance levels as specified in the code.

Code:
          sysuse auto, clear
          asdoc reg price mpg rep78 headroom trunk weight length turn, replace setstars(*@.001, **@.01, ***@.05)
          I am running the latest version of asdoc as taken from your website in the previous post. If the above somehow works for you, then this must be something going wrong with this command in specific versions of Stata such as the one I am using - Stata/IC 14.2 for Windows 64-bit.

Kind regards,

Ryan
          Last edited by Ryan Bain; 26 Jul 2019, 09:35.

Comment

Thanks for reporting this. I have fixed the issue. Now setstars() option would work with both the detailed and nested regressions. The new version of asdoc can be installed from my site. Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.

Code:
            net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
            Please note that the above line has to be copied in full. After installation of the new version, then restart Stata.

Following are two examples, one using the nested regression and the second using detailed regression

Code:
            // Nested regression
            sysuse auto, clear
            asdoc reg price mpg rep78 headroom trunk weight length turn, ///
                  replace setstars(*@.001, **@.01, ***@.05) nest

// Once set, the setstars() option does not need to be re-typed.
            asdoc reg price mpg rep78 headroom trunk weight , ///
                   nest
            Click image for larger version

Name:	nested.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	1509607

// Detailed regressions
            Code:
            asdoc reg price mpg rep78 headroom trunk weight length turn, ///
                   setstars(*@.001, **@.01, ***@.05) 

asdoc reg price mpg rep78 headroom trunk weight
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	1509608
            Regards
            Attaullah Shah, PhD.
            FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

Excellent, many thanks for resolving this so promptly.

Also, would it be possible to add AIC/BIC as options to asdoc when using nested?

When the nested option is selected, it doesn't report the AIC/BIC figures and there's currently no option to add AIC/BIC to the asdoc command to report these figures. At the moment, the only way to obtain AIC figures is to re-run nested regressions without using the nested option or to use another command such as esttab and getting AIC figures from the esttab command.

Comment

Though not documented in the help file, you can get these statistics using the stat(aic bic) option. See
                Code:
                sysuse auto, clear
                asdoc reg price mpg, stat(aic bic) nest replace
                Regards
                Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

Thank you very much for creating such a useful program, i have been able to use it for exporting most of my estimations and regressions, however, i cannot export my manova results.. can you please suggest how i can export a manova table for my multivariate regression to word. many thanks

Comment

Ghazal Khan You are right, I kind of missed this command and no one asked for it until now. There is no dedicated routine for manova results in asdoc. One can pass the mamove command to the generic routine of asdoc using the following trick, however, the table generated is not professional-looking and you have to manually adjust the table. See this example
                    Code:
                    webuse metabolic
                    manova y1 y2 = group
                    asdoc estimates replay, replace
                    so I am using asdoc in the second line, that is not the usual way asdoc is used. However, the trick is that we are passing the results of manova from estimates replay command, this way the complex code of manova is skipped and asdoc is happy with that.
                    Regards
                    Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                    FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

• Dear Dr Shah, I tried the code you've written above, and it does work, aesthetically also it looks fine if i copy it from its Word file and paste it into an excel doc, however, the numbers all changed! do i need to replace the y1 and y2 above with something else to suit my own data? if i use it as it is, i get a file but the results are not the one that came from my manova estimation.

Comment

• As mentioned above, I would need some time to write a specific routine for manova. Concerning the y1 and y2, they are variables in the dataset
                        Code:

webuse metabolic
                        Off course you need to change them and use variables from your dataset.
                        Regards
                        Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                        FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

• yes of course, sorry for the silly qs..

Comment

• Originally posted by Attaullah Shah View Post
                            Though not documented in the help file, you can get these statistics using the stat(aic bic) option. See
                            Code:
                            sysuse auto, clear
                            asdoc reg price mpg, stat(aic bic) nest replace
                            Wonderful, that works as expected, thank you very much.

Comment

• Thanks for your feedback.
                              Regards
                              Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                              FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

• Only by chance I came across this wonderful program - thank you so much!

However, I encounter an issue when trying to asdoc (it even became part of the vocabulary) summary statistics by two subgroups.
                                Code:
                                sysuse auto, clear
                                generate id = (price<=5000)
                                sort                id    foreign
                                asdoc by            id    foreign:    sum trunk
                                Code:
                                asdoc sum trunk, by(id    foreign)
                                bys id    foreign: asdoc sum trunk
                                do not work neither.

But that is just marginal; I am so glad and thankful for this piece of art.

Comment

Working...
                                X