No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synth: conformability error after dropping observations

Hi,
    I am using the synthetic control method to analyse the effects of economic sanctions on income inequality.

After running the following codes, Stata said control units: for at least one unit predictor gininet(1995) is missing for ALL periods specified

Code:
    ssc install synth
    Code:
    tsset country_n year
    Code:
    synth gininet log_GDPcap log_exports log_investment log_secondarygross coupdum gininet(1992) gininet(1997) gininet(2003), trunit(7) trperiod(2004) xperiod(1993(1)2003) fig
    I therefore applied the following code to solve for the 'missing' problem

Code:
     list country_n if missing(gininet) & inlist(year, 1992, 1997, 2003)
    and then dropped the observations with missing values.

Now, Stata gives me 'conformability error'. How do I fix this so that my regression works?
    Thank you

This problem is also discussed at the topic

https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...-units-problem

The discussion here provides more information about how the initial problem was resolved. If you only dropped the observations listed, you have not followed the advice that was given in the earlier topic, which was, as one option, to exclude the countries for which one of the crucial values of gininet was missing. That is, to drop all the observations for each country shown by the list command, not just the observations listed.

Prior to issuing the synth command, issue the tsset command again and confirm that it reports that the data is strongly balanced.

If this doesn't solve the problem, then the advice I gave earlier about contacting the developer stands.

Comment

Hi,
      It seems that synth is available only up to Stats 15, and I cannot even ssc install synth...
      Also, the installation from net is not available since the link is no longer active. Does anyone know how to install it?

Kindest,
      Hideto
      Last edited by Hideto Koizumi; 16 Jan 2023, 01:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Hideto Koizumi View Post
        Hi,
        It seems that synth is available only up to Stats 15, and I cannot even ssc install synth...
        Also, the installation from net is not available since the link is no longer active. Does anyone know how to install it?

Kindest,
        Hideto
        See this https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...stalling-synth

Comment

Working...
        X