No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-efficiency of Full Factorial Design with dcreate

Arne Risa Hole

Would you please advise how to calculate the D-efficiency of a full factorial design created by the genfact command using your dcreate module (available from SSC), if that is possible?

I understand that D-efficiency is a relative statistic whose meaning is dependent upon various characteristics of a specific design. However, I would also like to determine the relative strength of my fractional factorial design by calculating the proportion that the D-efficiency of my fractional factorial design represents of the D-efficiency of my full factorial design.

Thanks for making dcreate available and for any advice and insight you may offer.

Red Owl
    Stata/IC version 15.1, Windows 10 (64-bit)

Red Owl

In general you can use the evaldes command which is part of the dcreate module to calculate the D-efficiency of a DCE design. However, as you say genfact generates the full factorial design which is not a DCE design in itself, it simply provides all of the possible alternatives in a DCE design. What dcreate does is to create choice sets using those alternatives in a way that attempts to maximise the D-efficiency of the DCE design, given a pre-specified model.

I hope this clarifies.

Arne

Comment

Arne Risa Hole

Thanks so much for your response. Many studies using DCEs (especially marketing studies) report the strength of the design as a percentage based on the proportion of the D-efficiency of the full factorial design that is reflected in the D-efficiency of the fractional factorial design. For example, DCE designs produced by Sawtooth Software (http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com) report this proportion as a percentage.

I've been asked how to calculate that proportion. Is there a way to accomplish that using your dcreate module from SSC?

Thanks again.

Red Owl
      Stata/IC 15.1, Windows 10 (64-bit)

Comment

Red Owl

I cannot help with this, I'm afraid, as I'm not familiar with the measure reported by Sawtooth Software and how this is calculated.

Arne

Comment

Arne Risa Hole

Thanks very much.

For now, I will continue to report that a DCE fractional factorial design created with dcreate is optimally D-efficient within the constraints imposed.

Red Owl

Comment

I am going through your presentation available here https://www.stata.com/meeting/nordic...way16_hole.pdf. and I found it very helpful. On slide 11 what does the J in " Minimum number: K/(J - 1)" stand for?

Comment

Working...
            X