Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to extract country averaged data from World Values Survey?

Dear Stata user,

I am doing a research where I have to pull country averaged data from WVS. Is there a command in stata that can perform it?
    In the codebook, the variable S003 is where country ID (name) is stored while F117 is individual responses towards bribery.

I have used command
    by S003: summ F117

which provides the following output. However, now I have to manually copy paste the data.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stataa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1430396

Is there faster way to get this data?
    I would appreciate help

Welcome to Statalist.

The collapse command may help you by reducing your dataset to one observation per country. See the output of help collapse for details.

Now, some fussy advice, but well meant.

Please review the Statalist FAQ linked to from the top of the page, as well as from the Advice on Posting link on the page you used to create your post. Note especially sections 9-12 on how to best pose your question.

The more you help others understand your problem, the more likely others are to be able to help you solve your problem.

For example, with usable sample data I could have presented sample code to address your problem.

Also, note section 6 that explains why we ask for full real names on Statalist. While you cannot change your screen name yourself, click on “Contact us” located at the bottom right-hand corner of every page and request the Administrators do so for you.

Comment

Working...
    X