Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to run a single line of .do file without highlighting it?

I think the title is pretty self-explanatory. If I hit cntrl+D without highlighting anything, I end up running my entire .do file.

Is it possible to modify this behavior so that cntrl+D runs only the line I am working on?

Thanks!

Well, you don't have to highlight the entire line. If you just highlight any part of a line (even a single character), ctrl+D will cause that line, and only that line, to run. (Of course if your command extends over more than one line, this may be a bug rather than a feature.)

Then again, I don't quite see why you want this. It is much easier to highlight the entire line than to highlight a fragment of it. You just click on the line number to its left in the do-editor, and it highlights the line. That seems simpler than anything else to me.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! I actually didn't realize that a single character was sufficient to run the line. It's an additional two keystrokes (shift+R/L then cntrl+D), but it's helpful and I agree that I'm being a bit captious.

I agree that it's simpler to click, but I barely use my mouse when I'm in a .do file, and running a line with a single key combination is just something I got used to doing in R (there it's cntrl + Enter) and was wondering if there was a way to get the same here.In any case, appreciate the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Seiden View Post
        Thanks for the quick response! I actually didn't realize that a single character was sufficient to run the line. It's an additional two keystrokes (shift+R/L then cntrl+D), but it's helpful and I agree that I'm being a bit captious.

I agree that it's simpler to click, but I barely use my mouse when I'm in a .do file, and running a line with a single key combination is just something I got used to doing in R (there it's cntrl + Enter) and was wondering if there was a way to get the same here.In any case, appreciate the help!
        have you found a shortcut for this?

Comment

Ctrl + Shift + E

Comment

Working...
          X