No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabout tab with details

Hello everybody,

I need an excel table for Descriptive statistics for child nutritional status (e.g. stunting) with different characteristics. I need frequencies, percentages and P values. Could you please help me with this small issue? I'm not new to STATA but I'm still exploring it.

Example categorical variable: c_age (child age), m_edu (mother's education), f_edu (father's education)

E.g. tabout c_age m_edu f_edu stunted using tabout.xls, cells(freq col)

Beforehand thank you.

You're -tabout- command seems to be correct for giving you frequencies and column percents (-tabout- is a program from SSC by the way), the only thing that's missing based on the way you framed your question is the p-values, but it's not clear where your p-values are coming from (which statistical procedure/command?). -tabout- is simply a wrapper for -tab-, so if you are wanting to include the p-value from one of the -tab- tests (cramer, gamma, chi, lrtest) then use the stats() options of -tabout-. If you are trying to integrate the pvalue from some other command then you might want to consider -esttab- (from SSC) instead of -tabout- (example: http://repec.sowi.unibe.ch/stata/est...criptives.html ).
    Eric A. Booth | Senior Director of Research | Far Harbor | Austin TX

Comment

You're -tabout- command seems to be correct for giving you frequencies and column percents (-tabout- is a program from SSC by the way), the only thing that's missing based on the way you framed your question is the p-values, but it's not clear where your p-values are coming from (which statistical procedure/command?). -tabout- is simply a wrapper for -tab-, so if you are wanting to include the p-value from one of the -tab- tests (cramer, gamma, chi, lrtest) then use the stats() options of -tabout-. If you are trying to integrate the pvalue from some other command then you might want to consider -esttab- (from SSC) instead of -tabout- (example: http://repec.sowi.unibe.ch/stata/est...criptives.html ).
      Thank you for suggestions. I'll have a look and try the commands.

Comment

Working...
      X