No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 bar chart

Hello statalist.

I am sorry for the double post. If a moderator sees this, they can delete my first, rather confusing, question. Instead of dragging all sort of code in here, I will describe what I’m looking for and ask if anyone knows of a program that does this very specifc thing. Here are some example data;

Code:
    Input category value
    1 .4
    2 .6
    3 .2
    4 .8
    5 .9
    6 .1
    7 .2
    8 .2
    end
    I know the image below does not correspond to the values shown in my example (because I drew these below graphs..... not in Stata). I want the categories count to correspond to the spikes and the length of the bar to correspond to value variable. Any idea how to do this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	477E8610-FE1A-48AE-BAEE-83F1F9508642.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1423879

Is any of the following 2 resembling what you are looking for?

Name:	360chart.png
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1423913

Name:	360chart2.png
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	1423914

Comment

Yes! How did you create those?

Comment

Code:
        clear

input category value
        1 .4
        2 .6
        3 .2
        4 .8
        5 .9
        6 .1
        7 .2
        8 .2
        end

radar category, radial(value) lw(*5) legend(off) axelc(none)
        This code uses -radar- module written by Adrian Mander, MRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge, UK.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin

Comment

Thank you, Sergiy. Quick follow up, how did you make the web on pic 1?

Comment

Okay, I figured it out. I just had to understand the options better. For anyone interested, it's:

Code:

radar category, radial(value) lw(*5) legend(off) r(0 .25 .5 .75 1)

Comment

Yes, Rolf, the option axelc controls the color of the axes, and supplying none suppresses their rendering. You can furthermore suppress the default note that appears under the graph by adding note("") . Other options or interactive editing with the graph editor allow to further tweak the look of the chart. Best, Sergiy Radyakin

Comment

On #1: https://www.statalist.org/forums/help#adviceextras gives advice on bumping.

We don't delete threads because they are no longer useful. Who knows where to draw the line on that?

Comment

Working...
                X