No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hausman test after xtivreg - REIV

Dear all,

I am trying to conduct the endogeneity test after implementing xtivreg command. However, the Hausman test used is not working. So, I tried suest command suggested by Stata but it also did not work.
    So, my question is how to conduct the endogeneity test after REIV taking into consideration that I use bootstrapping for the standard errors.

Here are the steps that I tried:
    Code:
    sort Findid year
    xtset Findid year 

*Without IV 
    xi: xtreg crhrsday $X5 if female==1, re vce(robust) 
    estimates store hoursdayfwotiv

*With IV
    xi: xtivreg crhrsday $X4 (crtrvtmp= $IV2) if female==1, re vce(bootstrap, reps(500) seed(1)) first small
    estimates store hoursperdayfemales

hausman hoursdayfwotiv hoursperdayfemales , sigmaless force
    *Hausman did not work. Yielded a negative chi square and State suggested the use of suest. 

suest hoursdayfwotiv hoursperdayfemales

I also tried the below codes. However, it does not take into consideration the bootstrapping.
    Code:
    reg crtrvtmp $X4 $IV2
    predict v1hat, resid
    xtreg crhrsday crtrvtmp v1hat $X4 $IV2, re vce(robust)
    test v1hat
    Please advise me.

Thanks,
    Maye

Maye:
    what about considering the user-written programme -xtoverid-?
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Thank you Carlo for the advice. I am actually using -xtoverid- to test the strength of my instrument.
      Can you guide me to a reading that help me understand the output of this command? I tried the help file but it is not exhaustive of all the output provided.

Many thanks,
      Maye

Comment

Maye:
        unfortunately, possibly due to its completness .-xtoverid- did not come with an article published on the Stata journal, as it is frequent for most of the user-written programmes.
        Hence, the only source of information I know (and use) is the related -help file-.
        Kind regards,
        Carlo
        (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Working...
        X