No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• command to calculate directors education

Hello Everyone,

I trying to find the directors networks through education, if two directors went to same university with one year apart.

I am stuck here, for example how can I calculate this or which command I can use. Below is the example of my data, directors name, university name and year they have graduated:

Directors1: "Professor, Dr Anne Maritta Brunila" "Aalto University School of Business (Helsinki School of Economics prior to 01/01/2010)" "1982"
    Directors2:"Erkki Järvinen" "Aalto University School of Business (Helsinki School of Economics prior to 01/01/2010)" "1984"
    Directors3: "Mika Vehviläinen" "Aalto University School of Business (Helsinki School of Economics prior to 01/01/2010)" "1985"

Which command I can use to calculate directors 2 and 3 went to same university with one year apart.

As I am new to stata, I apologise if I made any mistake about explaining my problem above.

Kind Regards
    Jas

Last edited by jaskaran kaur; 28 Oct 2017, 11:00. Reason: Directors Education howtocalculate

This kind of matching is a mess. There are many ways to write the same school. I'd sort by company and school and then do it manually.

Comment

Could you please read section 12 in the FAQ ("What should I say about the commands and data I use?") and then share an excerpt from your data with dataex? I would recommend anonymizing the data by removing the names of individuals.

Please also confirm the following: Is each person only listed once in the dataset? Are the names of the universities standardized, i.e. are there no variations in spelling, etc.?

These FAQs may be useful:

Comment

Working...
      X