No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invalid name

Dear all the statalists,
    Today, when I have tried to analyze the propensity score following the instruction of Mark Lunt's file, I figured out that pbalchk command is used to check covariate balance achieved by a propensity score. However, when I type this in my do-file, the following error was appeared:
    . pbalchk t x1 x2 x3
    ==1 invalid name
    r(198);

Can you help me to figure out what error I met and how to fix it.
    Thank you in advance.

Tuan:
    welcome to the list.
    This is my first time I hear of -pbalck-; however,
    Code:
    ==1
    without an -if- before the first
    Code:
    =
    sounds as suspiciously illegal.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Thank you Mr Lazzaro,
      Let me explain more for you. The pbalchk is a command provided by Mark Lunt in his instruction on propensity score analysis to check covariate balance. In his writting, the suggested command for pbalchk is :

pbalchk treatment covariate1... covariate#, wt(norm_weights)
      I have just applied it into my do-file with treatment=t, and covariates are x1, x2, x3. However, the achieved result was:
      . pbalchk t x1 x2 x3
      ==1 invalid name
      r(198)
      ;
      I had no idea what the error is. Can you help me with any further answer for this problem? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Tuan:
        despite I cannot be more helpful technically, I would check:
        - whether your copy of Stata is fully updated;
        - whether your version of -pbalchk- is the last available;
        - whether the cause of the problem is running the .do file line by line (instead than letting it run from the start to te end automatically).
        Kind regards,
        Carlo
        (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Thank you Mr Lazzaro,
          I think it might be a problem of my current Stata version. I will take your suggestions to solve my problems.
          Thank you again with your help.

Comment

Let me point out, in case it was overlooked, that the final line in the output of help pbalchk is
            Code:
            Please email [email protected] if you encounter problems with this program
            so perhaps he will be able and willing to provide some insight to you directly.

Comment

Thankyou for your help Mr Lisowski,
              I have emailed to this address and waited for the answer of author.

Comment

Working...
              X