No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thank Professor River Huang

I still have a little question. That is:
    I have read some papers that employed PTR that exist 2 significant thresholds, they always showed their findings was Threshold 1 < Threshold 2 !
    But In this result, the Threshold 21 > Threshold 22

I wonder could i interprete the result that Threshold 1 = Th-22 = 10.1109 / Threshold 2 = Th-21 = 10.1220 (because Fstat in Double Threshold Model > Fstat in Single Threshold Model) ? And Therefore, the Dependent-Regime coefficients (_#catc.OEAR 0,1,2 in 2 threshold model estimation will belong to regimes that lower, between, higher 10.1109 and 10.1220 respectively) ?

With my highly appreciation.,
    Last edited by Le Trung; 15 Apr 2019, 21:46.

Comment

dear Le Trung

i hope you got some answers about how to interpret your results
      if so, i hope you can give me the main idea, because actually i face the same problem

kind regards
      sedki

Comment

Dear Le, The literature is right. In all cases, "Threshold 1" is the smaller estimated threshold value and "Threshold 2" is the larger one.

Ho-Chuan (River) Huang
        Stata 17.0, MP(4)

Comment

dear all

please how to get the estimation before and after the peak as follow :
          i mean which command should be used

Click image for larger version

Name:	sub regime.png
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1497812

Best regards
          sedki

Comment

Dear sedki, Try something like
            Code:
            xthreg y lnOPEN lmIND, rx(lnFD lnFE) qx(lnPGDP) thnum(1) trim(0.05) bs(100)
            Ho-Chuan (River) Huang
            Stata 17.0, MP(4)

Comment

Dear River Huang

thank you very much
              i would like to share you my work and i hope you can help me about some points

actually, i study the non-linearity between financing constraints ( FC, measured by SA index) and CEO stock option remuneration , and i will take the FC variable as the threshold variable.

i run the model i get the following outputs

after test, i get single threshold

Name:	thres.PNG
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	1497951

the regression gives me the following output:

Name:	thre2.PNG
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1497952

OK the threshold effect exists ( which means no linear relation between FC and Y) but how to interpret the result more ?? have i to focus on "cat#c SAindex" (0 and 1 ) coef ?

best regards
              SEDKI

Comment

Dear sedki, I believe that you need to read some applied papers (for explaining the results) of panel threshold model.
                Ho-Chuan (River) Huang
                Stata 17.0, MP(4)

Comment

Originally posted by River Huang View Post
                  Dear sedki, Try something like
                  Code:
                  xthreg y lnOPEN lmIND, rx(lnFD lnFE) qx(lnPGDP) thnum(1) trim(0.05) bs(100)
                  Dear Prof. River Huang

As i see The Prof's command above, it is applicable for case "Simultaneously Many Regime-Dependence Variables and one Threshold Variable". That mean we can upgrade to threshold models for many regime-dependence variables ? with this xthreg ?

Many thanks Prof !
                  Trung.,

Comment

Dear Le, What exactly is your problem? Are you asking that if -xthreg- allows for multiple regime-switching variables? If this is your problem, the answer is YES.
                    Ho-Chuan (River) Huang
                    Stata 17.0, MP(4)

Comment

Many thank Prof. River Huang

That's exactly my question. I will have to learn more for chosing and interpreting this case of PTR

Le Trung.,

Comment

Hi all,

are there any codes to conduct (non)linearity test as well to produce GIRFs?

Thanks,

Mateo

Comment

Hello Prof River Huang ,

I'm running a TR to estimate an optimal cash holding and I'm using the following code

Code:
                           xthreg ROA Cash Size_TA MB LEV, rx(Cash) qx(Cash) thnum(1) trim(0.1) grid(400) bs(300)
                          However, I always get the r(3200) error:

Could you offer some insights into this?

Thank you!

Comment

Dear Abdessamad, Please "help xthreg" and try the following:
                            Code:
                            xthreg ROA Size_TA MB LEV, rx(Cash) qx(Cash) thnum(1) trim(0.1) grid(400) bs(300)
                            That is to say, CASH can not be "regime-invariant" and "regime-variant" at the same time.
                            Ho-Chuan (River) Huang
                            Stata 17.0, MP(4)

Comment

[QUOTE=River Huang, Hello Professor kindly guide me about Threshold regression command for my variables. I want to check the threshold effect of GDP growth rate on Income inequality using panel data. Kindly also guide about the importance and usage of regime dependent variable which is in the syntax of Stata command for panel threshold regression. Sir please guide me, it will be very helpful for me. I shall be really grateful to you for this favor. Thanks.

Comment

Hello Dear Stata Community, kindly guide me about Threshold regression command for my variables. I want to check the threshold effect of GDP growth rate on Income inequality using panel data. Kindly also guide about the importance and usage of regime dependent variable which is in the syntax of Stata command for panel threshold regression. Please guide me, it will be very helpful for me. I shall be really grateful to you for this favour. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X