No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "convergence not achieved" issue in PSM

Thank you for viewing my question!

Now, I'm using Stata 14.0. The problem here is that I want to run a propensity score matching method to deal with my data.

The code I've used is "psmatch2 indicator login test friend discuss,outcome(contest) n(1) ate ties logit common noreplacement".

The running time is more than an hour, and the note is"
    Note: 0 failures and 4 successes completely determined.
    convergence not achieved
    r(430);"

So, how can I solve this problem?

Thank you very much!!!

I have the same problem! I am running a regression on EU data then I run the same regression on US data and I have this problem.

Did you find a solution?

Comment

For the warning that "0 failures and 4 successes completely determined," see this FAQ: http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/st...ic-regression/ .

For the error that "convergence not achieved," that means Stata cannot estimate the logit equation used to create the propensity scores. So you have two options:
      1. Change the estimation method used to get propensity scores. For example, change the selection of covariates, increase the maximum number of iterations (set maxiter), transform one or more covariates in some fashion, or use probit instead of logit. This approach probably won't lead to a satisfactory solution, but it's worth considering.
      2. Try a different matching method. You can use one of the other matching options in psmatch2 (Leuven and Sianesi, available from SSC), the built-in teffects nnmatch, or another user-written program like cem (coarsened exact matching; Iacus, King, and Porro; findit cem).
      David Radwin
      Senior Researcher, California Competes
      californiacompetes.org
      Pronouns: He/Him

Comment

One more idea is to try the newly released kmatch by Ben Jann, described at http://www.statalist.org/forums/foru...score-matching .
        David Radwin
        Senior Researcher, California Competes
        californiacompetes.org
        Pronouns: He/Him

Comment

Working...
        X