• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphing confidence intervals for twoway scatter

Following this tutorial, one can graph:

Code:
    logit hiqual avg_ed 
     predict yhat1   
     twoway scatter yhat1 hiqual avg_ed, connect(l i) msymbol(i O) sort ylabel(0 1)
    I would like to graph the confidence intervals as well. I know of the lfitci option for graph twoway, but couldn't find anything for twoway scatter. How would one proceed here?

You have to use predict again to get appropriate variables for upper and lower bounds. There is no way that scatter understands where what it is plotting came from.

Comment

Thanks. Following your suggestions, I followed this website: http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/st...nce-intervals/
      I now have two variables, plb and pub which are the lower and upper bounds. I am wondering however, how can I now integrate these variables in the twoway scatter graph?

Comment

They are just more variables to show with lines. If you want a smoother curve, you may have to jump to twoway mspline

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas Wereld View Post
          I am wondering however, how can I now integrate these variables in the twoway scatter graph?
          On a very basic level, you can just add a second plot to the twoway, say rcap for instance.
          Code:
          twoway (scatter yhat1 hiqual avg_ed) (rcap plb pub avg_ed)

Comment

Working...
          X